IF YOU WANT TO BUY A HOUSE IN SPAIN
If you are planning on buying property in Spain, either as a second residence, or to live permanently, we suggest you to contact the experts in real estate law. We guarantee a comprehensive service before signing the contract in order to avoid potential problems. These can occur if you don´t react wisely on time, as to catch defects on the construction as an example.
Contact us, although we are based in Barcelona, we provide our services regarding properties placed within the country. We are happy to assist in every step required.
Please find below a small guide of things that you have to keep in mind if you buy a house before you sign the contract:
If it is new construction:
– The existence of a technical project, endorsed and approved by the competent municipality.
– Approved occupation license.
– Issued certificate of occupancy.
– Registration of the property to the corresponding property registry.
– If there are in the registry charges declared or easements that affect your property.
– Insurance of civil liability of the contractor.
If it is second hand:
– Summary of the property registered in the land registry, where the real owner is registered as well as the existing charges in your future housing, if any.
– Receipt of the IBI of last year.
– Certificate of the community of owners stating that there are no debts of the owner.
– Make sure when you visit the property that everything is matching with what is written in the deed.
– Make sure that there are no tenants holding rights in the property.
We contact you without commitment. Spoken English.
FAX: (+34) 902 930 441